Sunday, March 21, 2010


Ok, I am bad at this. Its been another week. Right after I wrote the last blog Fritz and I went to Giessen, a town about 20 minutes by train from us. We mainly just walked around and didn't do anything stressful It was quite awesome, but this dinosaur tried to eat his Döner.

The beginning of the week was fairly normal and not too eventful. Wednesday was St. Patty's Day. I realized I didn't bring anything green with me to Germany. Luckily, most Germans don' even know what this day is. I ended up making some pasta out of noodles that look like four leaf clovers and horseshoes that were colored like the Irish flag. Then we watched Boondock Saints.

Thursday my cousin Andy came to see me. His sister Kandis lives in Frankfurt and he was here for spring break. He came up just in time for karaoke night at Mexicali. When I picked him up I brought Fritz. I snuck behind him and Fritz walked up to him, "Hey Andy, its been a long time," and continued this while Andy just looked confused. We ended up at Meicali, and it was a school planned thing, so our professor was there. He sang "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" and it was awesome. I showed Andy Lecker Eck (delicious corner), the food place that is always open, and we ended up making food at my place with a few more people till... late, maybe 3 or 4. I told my teacher my cousin would be in town so I would miss one day of class, so we woke up and caught one of the morning busses. I gave him my version of the city tour and after lunch sent him off.

Right after that we got on the bus and our whole group went on a program trip to Weimar. Weimar is one of the major culture centers of Germany. Also from WWI till 1933, Germany was in the Weimar Republic stage. It was 3 hours by bus. I was in a hostel room with Joe Canada and Joe Omaha. The next day was fantastic. It was Joe Canada's Bday. We had an awesome city tour, then ended up with a whole bunch of people playing frisbee and soccer for 5 hours in Goethe's backyard. Johann Goethe is basically Germany's Da Vinci. He is a big deal here.

Sunday was Buchenwald, a large concentration camp, and the ride back. Overall it was a great weekend, one of the best I have ever had. Here are a few pictures: http://s836.photobucket.com/albums/zz286/carlsonlance/March%2014-21/

No comments:

Post a Comment