Monday, February 22, 2010

Arrival




Well, today is day 5 of Germany. I just got internet and I already have more stories than could be told if I typed from now till the end of my stay here. Lets see though. I got randomly searched in Chicago, and the TSA agents were really chill and we joked around some. After getting from the airport to the train station I met my cousin Kandis, who is here on business. Then found my way to Marburg.


<--- Elisabethkirche (Church), have not been inside but bussed by it many times. Beautiful.

The first person I met from the program was the guy who picked us all up, Andrew from near Belfast in N. Ireland. Then next person to step off the train that I met was a Canadian, Robyn. I thought slightly strange, but I am glad it turned out. We were driven to the university and eventually given our rooms and met lots of other people.
The first night we were supposed to meet in front of the Train Station at 7pm. Well in my lack of sleep, 30 hours at this point, I went to the Cineplex, our meeting point for everything else. After realizing I was alone I bussed back to the dorm and met the only onther person on our empty floor, Fritz. He is actually a student here from Germany. I said hi to him and about ten minutes later got a knock on my door. There was a smiling Fritz with a question that should be more of a comment. "Beer?" So istead of sleep I opted for 3 hours of chillin with Fritz and his music selection

Desa with a dönet-kabab. Its the greatest thing, and you can find on at anytime day or night, lots of people like them at night. ---->

Since then I have met the other people in our program and they are pretty chill. Right now everyone is still super excited and everyone has fallen in love with Marburg.
The only other person in my building from our side of the pond is Desa from Penn State. We spent a while going back and forth in the city getting random things and exploring some of the roads.
There are some people returning for a second semester. A few are Jonathan, Joe Canada, and Steve. A few names you may hear as well as many more, but too many for now.

Hockey, US vs Canada. Victoria and I cheering for the US. The game actually came on at 3:45 in the morning and we had to sign papers in town at 8:45 in the morning. So only a few stayed. And yes, thats all my stuff I brought to Germany.

4 comments:

  1. Everyone will love the stories and the pictures, so keep them coming! But remember...homework first. Ha! Love ya tons and bunches, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Lance. Enjoy your time to the fullest and be safe.
    We all miss you at home and hope you and Kandis get to spend a bit of time together. Will follow you through Germany and have lots of fun. Like your mom said, "Don't forget about the studying. Love Roxie and Russ

    ReplyDelete
  3. HEY BUD!!! yes sorry to say but i miss you already and i'm completely jealous that you are in Germany without me! Please stay safe, have fun, try to study some{after the fun :-)} and drink lots of Beer!! Can't wait to hear from you again! Love you lots, your little sis ~ Lana!

    ReplyDelete