Sunday, February 28, 2010

Starting school



We started school officially on Tuesday. The first 6 weeks are lots of class. On day 2 here we took a placement test. There is ground level all the way up yo level six. I got into stuffe 2, which is third level. I can speak above my level I think, but my grammar is terrible, much like my English, so this should be a good course for me. We have class from 9 till 1. The one saving grace is we get about a half hour break in the middle. I am in class with about 10 people from our group, and people from a few other countries, Spain, Poland, and Turkey to name a few.

Our class is on floor nine, so the tenth floor. Fritz and I have argued about this a few times. He says it makes sense to have a ground floor and the first floor is the floor above the ground. I still think the first floor is the one you walk in on. Anyways, the view from our room go straight over the river and looks directly at the castle and the surrounding hills, which are easily bigger than anything we have in Iowa.

---> Robyn, Fritz, and I at one of the local student places. A Canadian, a German, and an American all peaceful together.

This next week our second class starts. This is the history and culture course. It will be just for the people from our program, around 55 of us. It goes from 2 till 4 or 5 everyday. I have not had this much class since elementary school. I am really looking forward to it however. At least Friday is always one of the 4 o'clock days.

Tonight is another USA vs Canada hockey game. So I am going to get my flag back out and go cheer on my team. The last game was extremely fun to watch, and we are all looking forward to another fun time. Thankfully it starts about 9:30 here, much better than 3:45 in the morning. Four hours of class starting at nine would not be very much fun.


Fritz and I made some really late night pasta. He has never had garlic bread with pasta before, and was using it to clean the sauce pan.

Bis später! (Until later)

2 comments:

  1. What a Hockey game!!
    Looks like your eating well.
    Remember, beer is not a food group.
    Love Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Canadian, a German, and an American all peaceful together...and the top 3 overall medal winners at the 2010 Winter Olympics! Mom

    ReplyDelete